Menthol crystals, also known as Mentha Arvensis, are derived from a plant with unique botanical properties that provide a range of soothing and refreshing effects. Because of these properties, menthol crystals are commonly used in many products that you likely use daily. Not only do they offer various health benefits, but they are also found in a variety of pharmaceutical and cosmetic items. This blog will cover everything you need
to know about menthol crystals. Keep reading to learn more!
What Are Menthol Crystals?
Menthol crystals are a solid form of mint essential oil. Due to their ability to be used in solid form, they are beneficial for a wide variety of applications, which is helpful for multiple industries from food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and more. However, you should also take note that these crystals are also extremely flammable.
They are created through a steam distillation process that helps extract the potent oils from the leaves, which are then distilled more until the crystals are fully extracted. And, these crystals are concentrated, which can be used for anti-inflammation and soothing products such as cough drops, pain relief creams, ointments, foot sprays, candles, lotions, cosmetics, shampoos, balms, and more. They can also be melted into
oil for aromatherapy diffusers, and herbal, and botanical remedies to reduce stress or anxiety in a person.
Benefits Of Using Menthol Crystals
Because of its concentrated form, only small amounts of menthol crystals are needed to create highly effective products.
Potent In Treating Health Ailments
Menthol crystals are incredibly powerful in treating health ailments. That’s why plenty of pharmaceutical companies use it to cure gastric and digestive ailments, reduce body pain, fight symptoms against nausea, and reduce headaches and fever.
Main Ingredient In Skin And Beauty Products
Menthol crystals are the main ingredients of many skin and beauty products as they have a minty and fresh aroma that is usually added to our haircare products that help in strengthening and nourishing our hair growth.
They also help to soothe skin itchiness, irritation, and dryness, while also refreshing and revitalizing the skin.
Creates A Calm State Of Mind
Menthol crystals are also used for aromatherapy. This helps in creating a calm state of mind for patients, which effectively reduces stress and anxiety. Aside from that, it also helps to promote a sense of ease and energizes both your mind and body.
How To Use Menthol Crystals
When using menthol crystals, it’s important to use them properly to prevent injury to your eyes and hands. In this article, we will discuss the various ways to use menthol crystals.
How To Make Lip Balm Using Menthol Crystals
1. Heat 8 oz carrier oil and 1 oz beeswax in a double boiler until the beeswax melts, then remove it from the heat.
2. Add and stir 1 tsp. menthol crystals and 20 drops of essential oils until dissolved.
3. Pour into jars or tins then cool it completely before putting the lids on.
How To Make Exfoliation Scrub Using Menthol Crystals
1. Grind a 1 tsp. menthol crystals with a pestle and mortar until they become the size of salt grains.
2. Next, mix the menthol crystals with ½ cup fine sea salt and 1 tbsp. papaya powder fruit extract in a bowl.
3. Lastly, add 1.5 oz carrier oil and ½ tsp. fragrance oil, mix all the ingredients thoroughly, and pour into jars.
How To Make Aromatherapy Bronchodilator Inhaler Using Menthol Crystals
1. Mix the 1 tsp. Menthol crystals, 15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, and 5 drops of rosemary essential oil in a small glass bottle.
2. Cap the bottle, shake it well, and make sure all the ingredients are mixed.
3. To use this as an inhaler, simply open the bottle cap and take a few deep breaths through your nose. You can do this breathing step up to three times, with a short break in between each.
How To Make Growth-Enhancing Hair Oil Using Menthol Crystals
1. Dilute ½ tsp. menthol crystals in 4 tbsp. of carrier oil to make hair oil.
2. Next, section your hair and scoop small amounts of the hair oil onto your fingertips to massage the blend into your scalp, and smooth it down throughout the hair strands.
3. Lastly, wash your hair with regular shampoo. This can be repeated at least twice a week.
This blog just tackled everything you need to know about menthol crystals. Whether it’s for your line of holistic products or you want to create DIY recipes for use at home, menthol crystals can surely provide you with the qualities you’re looking for in making lifestyle products or personal care.
Here at Oktakem, you can find high-quality menthol crystals and other raw materials for your DIY recipe, all at great prices! With our hassle-free bulk purchasing options too, there’s no reason for you not to craft a wide variety of fascinating recipes.
Get in touch with Oktakem today — the top chemical supplier in the Philippines. You may also purchase Oktakem’s affordable chemical products and raw materials at our official Shopee page or Chemstore’s Lazada page (our official Lazada partner).